This 12-day unit study is focused on learning about secular Christmas traditions.
- Day 1: The History of Santa Claus
- Day 2: The History of Christmas Cards
- Day 3: Gingerbread Men
- Day 4: The Nutcracker
- Day 5: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Day 6: The Polar Express
- Day 7: The History of the Christmas Tree
- Day 8: Santa’s Reindeer
- Day 9: Christmas Cookies
- Day 10: The 12 Days of Christmas
- Day 11: How to Catch an Elf
- Day 12: Christmas Escape Room
Our young adventurers, Jaxon & Harleigh, are along for the ride. You’ll start each main topic with a letter from our adventurers. These letters give your child a challenge and something to pay attention to while doing the activities. The adventurers also tell simple stories that help your child make connections to their real-life making learning meaningful. Jaxon & Harleigh also model good questioning and curiosity. The goal is to ignite that curiosity in your child. You’ll soon notice your child asking questions and sharing their curiosities in the same way as the adventurers.
Each lesson starts with a read-aloud or a video from YouTube. This is where the topic is introduced and learned.
Then we follow the learning part of the lesson with an experienced-based, hands-on activity. This part of the lesson helps the child make connections, develop a deeper understanding, and put the new knowledge into action.
The last part of the lesson is the extension activities. These are usually extra YouTube videos, strewing ideas, or extra experienced-based activities. All the extension activities are optional. They are a great way to continue learning if your child showed an interest in the daily lesson.
Strewing activities are independent activities. I like to follow unit study lessons with free choice. During this time, I will set out strewing activities, other resources, or apps for the child to explore on their own time.
Videos can be used during a learning lunch or as a transition to the next activity. Movies can be used for a family movie night or on a rainy day.
Fill in your info below to download a sample:
We have confidence that our curriculum resources are some of the best out there. We also understand how difficult and frustrating it can be to choose a curriculum and try it for a few weeks only to realize it doesn’t work for your family. What a waste of money! That’s why we offer a 60-day money-back guarantee even on our digital resources.
- We offer a comprehensive sample that includes everything you need to know about the curriculum plus a full week of lessons so you can really test-drive our approach. We require that you download the sample before purchase if you would like to request a refund. We have records of sample downloads, the date of sample download, and the date of purchase. We will verify that you downloaded the sample before purchase before we issue a refund.
- Your downloading privileges will be revoked. This means you will not be able to download any other resources included in the package you purchased.
- You will be unsubscribed from our customer exclusive tips, bonuses, sales, resources, support, and surprises.
- You will be deleted from our private customer-only Facebook group.
How to Request a Refund:
- Fill out this form below with your reason for requesting a refund, order number, name, and email.
- Please allow us 48 hours to verify the sample download, purchase date, and respond with our decision.
IMPORTANT: Our curriculum is very similar throughout all levels. We understand the difficulty in choosing a curriculum which is why we offer a very generous refund policy on our digital products. Since digital products cannot be physically returned and in order to protect our company, you will only be allowed one refund request.
- You can request a return for multiple curriculum purchased in the same order.
- You may not request a refund for separate orders.
- Once a refund is given, all future refund requests will be denied. This is to stop fraudulent behavior of people buying the curriculum and asking for a refund every year.
NOTE: THIS REFUND POLICY DOES NOT APPLY TO CURRICULUM PURCHASED FROM OTHER COMPANIES THAT WE RECOMMEND. Please see individual company refund policies.
**Curriculum Resale Policy (STRICTLY ENFORCED)**
All printed curriculum resale posts must contain this disclaimer: *Purchaser must have purchased a digital license of the specific curriculum for sale from Homegrown Learning. It is the seller’s responsibility to verify this purchase by Homegrown Learning, prior to sale. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-approved sales are a COPYRIGHT VIOLATION.